Desert Sage Society
Join a special community of donors.
When you contribute to the High Desert Museum, a part of you becomes a part of the High Desert – now and for generations to come. As a Desert Sage Society (DSS) member, you’ll have the opportunity to share a more intimate relationship with the Museum, its leadership, other supporters and all the incredible exhibits and collections.
As your commitment grows, so do the benefits to you, your family and to the community.
- Unlimited free admission for two adults, two adult guests and all children/grandchildren
- Exclusive invitations to preview exhibitions at opening events and the opportunity to bring two guests
- Private Desert Sage Society event with Executive Director and Board Chair
- Invitation to the R.W. Chandler Society dinner
- Recognition on Desert Sage Society donor board in the Schnitzer Entrance Hall and in the annual report
- Raptors of the Desert Sky show tickets
- Museum guest passes
- Free admission to member evening events
- Personalized service through the Development office
- 10% discounts:- At the Silver Sage Trading store
– At the Rimrock Cafe
– Guest admission
– Rental of the Museum for events
You help provide:
Museum access to all through Family Free Days, Senior Free Days, Museum & Me (a special time for those with disabilities to visit the Museum), Little Wonders and Museum passes made available through libraries in three counties and social services agencies.
Desert Sage Society members also receive:
Fellow Level ($1,000)
Curator’s Circle ($2,500)
All DSS Fellow level benefits plus:
Museum Associate ($5,000)
All Curator’s Circle level benefits plus:
Director’s Council ($10,000)
All Museum Associate level benefits plus:
Founder’s Circle ($25,000+)All Director’s Council level benefits plus:
For information on becoming a Corporate Member of the Desert Sage Society click here. To learn more about the Desert Sage Society, please contact Director of Development Heather Vihstadt at 541-323-3314 or
To learn more about the Desert Sage Society, please contact Director of Development Heather Vihstadt at 541-323-3314 or contact us.
For Desert Sage Society members:
There are benefits that you may choose to receive or waive, depending on your interests. Optional benefits include: guest passes (valued at $10 each) and Raptors of the Desert Sky show tickets (valued at $3 per peson). The estimated fair market value for an annual membership, which includes unlimited admission for two adults, all member children/grandchildren and two guests is $104. Due to the fair market value of these benefits, your request for these items will decrease the tax-deductible portion of your gift. Please contact Director of Development Heather Vihstadt at 541-382-4754 ext. 248 or contact us for more information. Please note, if you are making a gift through a family foundation or donor advised fund, no tangible benefits may be provided in accordance with IRS regulations.