Adopt an Animal from the High Desert Museum!
As an adoptive animal parent, you are supporting the work of our wildlife staff and volunteers who care for animals that could not survive in the wild. Many of the animals have non-releasable injuries, meaning they could not survive in the wild. They all require ongoing veterinary care and specialized diets to maintain their health and well-being.
Every animal is provided special food that gives them the essential nutrients they would obtain in the wild. It costs $1,700 a year to care for an eagle, and as much as $7,500 a year to care for one otter. By adopting one of the listed animals here, you can help us provide for their care.
Adoption Package #1: $30 – KEEPER
– A personalized adoption certificate
– Animal information card
– A record of your adoption in our online Family Album
– Materials shipped to you or your gift recipient
Adoption Package #2: $65 – COMPANION
– All items in KEEPER, plus:
– A plush stuffed animal
Great Horned Owl
Adoption Package #3: $175 – GUARDIAN
– All items in COMPANION, plus:
– Two guest passes to the Museum
– Admission for two to the Raptors of the Desert Sky flight show (offered summer season only)
– A one-on-one meeting with a wildlife curator to view your adopted animal and ask questions (Adopters are not allowed to enter the animal’s enclosure or interact with their adopted animal). Please schedule by calling 541-382-4754 ext. 271, two weeks in advance
Allow up to two weeks for handling and shipping. If you need expedited shipping, call us at 541-323-3303.
Choose your animal and adoption level by completing the form, and you will receive an adoption package in the mail. For more information contact the Admissions Desk at 541-382-4754 ext. 271 or contact us.
* Available for seasonal visitation from Memorial Day through Labor Day
You may have heard recently of the avian flu, which has now been detected in Oregon. This virus is highly contagious and dangerous for birds, although not for humans. To help the raptors who live at the Museum stay healthy, adoption visits with our birds of prey are not available at this time.