Adopt an Animal from the High Desert Museum!
You can adopt your favorite animal and help provide the expert care and nutrition they need for as little as $30.
The High Desert Museum cares for over 100 animals, from magnificent bald eagles to river otters and desert tortoises.
As an adoptive animal parent, you are supporting the work of our wildlife staff and volunteers who care for animals that could not survive in the wild.
Many of the animals have non-releasable injuries, meaning they could not survive in the wild. They all require ongoing veterinary care and specialized diets to maintain their health and well-being.
Every animal is provided special food that gives them the essential nutrients they would obtain in the wild. It costs $1,700 a year to care for an eagle, and as much as $7,500 a year to care for one otter. By adopting one of the listed animals here, you can help us provide for their care.
It’s easy! And it makes a great gift!
View the Family Album of adopters!
$30 – KEEPER
– A personalized adoption certificate
– Animal information card
– A record of your adoption in our online Family Album
– Materials shipped to you or your gift recipient
$65 – COMPANION
– All items in KEEPER, plus:
– A plush stuffed animal
$175 – GUARDIAN
– All items in COMPANION, plus:
– Two guest passes to the Museum
– Admission for two to the Raptors of the Desert Sky flight show (offered summer season only)
– A scheduled time to meet your animal in person with a wildlife curator (Adopters are not allowed to enter the animal’s enclosure). Please schedule by calling 541-382-4754 ext. 244, two weeks in advance
Allow up to two weeks for handling and shipping. Thank you. If you need expedited shipping, call us at 541-323-3303.
You may have heard recently of the avian flu, which has now been detected in Oregon. This virus is highly contagious and dangerous for birds, although not for humans. To help the raptors who live at the Museum stay healthy, adoption visits with our birds of prey are not available at this time.
Great Horned Owl
* Available for seasonal visitation from Memorial Day through Labor Day