You can now donate cryptocurrency to the High Desert Museum!
Your generous support continues to inspire exhibitions, programs, wildlife encounters and art that connect visitors to the natural beauty and human ecology of the High Desert region. Your donation helps educate future generations with unforgettable learning experiences that are not available anywhere else.
Donating cryptocurrency is a nontaxable event, meaning you do not owe capital gains tax on the appreciated amount and can deduct it on your taxes. This makes Bitcoin, Ethereum and other cryptocurrency donations one of the most tax efficient ways to support the High Desert Museum.
If you want to learn more about how donating crypto can lower your taxes, check out thegivingblock.com/faq. Talk to a crypto-savvy tax professional or connect with The Giving Block to get connected with one.
The High Desert Museum cannot provide legal or tax advice. We encourage you to seek professional tax assistance before initiating a gift of cryptocurrency.
Questions answered by The Giving Block!
I need a wallet address to complete my donation. Where can I access this information?
- You can access all of our wallet addresses by using the widget on this page. Once you enter the type of cryptocurrency and reach the third step, you will receive a unique wallet address which can be used to complete your donation.
How many times can I use the wallet address provided to me?
- Once you’ve filled out your information and receive a unique wallet address, this address can be used an infinite amount of times without having to re-enter any information on our page.
Will I get a receipt with my donation?
- In order to receive a receipt with your donation, you must enter your email when prompted to in our widget.
Can I donate anonymously?
- Yes, of course! However, if you’d like to receive a tax receipt, you must enter your email address when prompted on the third page. A tax receipt will only be sent once you’ve entered your email address.
Why can I donate Polygon (MATIC) but not tokens sent via the Polygon network?
- The Giving Block supports the ERC-20 Polygon (MATIC) asset but The Giving Block does not support transfers via the Polygon/Matic network. In order to successfully donate Polygon (MATIC) please be sure the assets you are transferring are on the Ethereum mainnet (ERC-20 token).
Please note: All cryptocurrency donations made to the High Desert Museum are nonrefundable. Please only send currencies listed on the widget, do not send unsupported currencies (including unsupported ERC-20s, ERC-721s and BEP20s) as these may be lost.
If you would like to learn more about different ways to donate, please click the links below.
We accept the following cryptocurrencies: Bitcoin (BTC) Ethereum (ETH) Basic Attention Token (BAT) Aave (AAVE) Alchemix (ALCX) Amp (AMP) Ankr Network (ANKR) Axie Infinity Shards (AXS) Balancer (BAL) Bancor Network Token (BNT) BarnBridge (BOND) Bitcoin Cash (BCH) ChainLink (LINK) Compound (COMP) Curve (CRV) Dai (DAI) Decentraland (MANA) Dogecoin (DOGE) Enjin Coin (ENJ) Fantom (FTM) Filecoin (FIL) Gemini Dollar (GUSD) Injective Protocol (INJ) Kyber Network (KNC) Litecoin (LTC) Livepeer (LPT) Loopring (LRC) Maker (MKR) Mirror Protocol (MIR) Moss Carbon Credit (MCO2) Orchid (OXT) PAX Gold (PAXG) Polygon (MATIC) Ren (REN) Skale (SKL) Somnium Space (CUBE) Storj (STORJ) SushiSwap (SUSHI) Synthetix (SNX) Tezos (XTZ) The Graph (GRT) The Sandbox (SAND) Smooth Love Potion (SLP) Terra (LUNA) TerraUSD (UST) UMA (UMA) Uniswap (UNI) Yearn.Finance (YFI) Zcash (ZEC) 0x (ZRX) 1inch (1INCH)
High Desert Museum TAX ID: 51-0179336
Help us make an impact!