If you're a travel operator leading tours through Oregon, the High Desert Museum is the perfect place to stop. We can cater to your group's needs, with everything from a quick lunch stopover to a full, behind-the-scenes tour. Either way, your clients will be talking about the Museum long after their trip. We're consistently listed as the top attraction in Central Oregon by TripAdvisor.
We also host many family outings and small private groups. Please call at least two weeks in advance in order to receive our group rates. 541-382-4754 ext. 241
Rates for groups of 10 or more:
November - April
General (13-64) $9.60, Senior (65+) $8.00, Child (5-12) $5.60 and 4 & under free
May - October
General (13-64) $12, Senior (65+) $9.60, Child (5-12) $7.20 and 4 & under free
If you must change the date of your visit, please contact the Museum as soon as possible. Two days prior to your arrival, please confirm the arrival time and the final number in your group. The bus driver and tour escort are admitted free.
If you arrive by bus, please unload and load at the entrance walkway, and then park in the bus parking area.
Please assemble together while the group leader pays the fee at the Admission desk. Admission fee must be paid collectively rather that individually.
Since many of the exhibits are outdoors, we suggest you check local weather reports so you can dress appropriately.
The Museum is wheelchair accessible.
The Rimrock Café is open with indoor/outdoor seating capacity of approximately 130. Only café food may be eaten in the seating area. Reservations are required for groups and depend on available space. We will always do our best to accommodate you. Call the café at 541-382-7288 for reservations and information on box or sack lunches. There are picnic tables located in the parking area for use. You may also call ahead to rent a private room.
SPECIAL GUIDED TOURS : Please call 541-382-4754 ext 241 to arrange your tour today!
Please note guided tour prices are in addition to the admittance price. If your group is larger than a specific tour allows, it is possible to book multiple tours.
Basic Tour: $75 for a 30 minute Guided Tour for up to 25 people:
- Spirit of the West Exhibit Tour: The Hall of Exploration and Settlement provides a walk through time, from a Northern Paiute rock shelter, to a hard rock mine operation and an 1885 settle-ment town. Learn the stories behind the history and people of the High Desert.
- By Hand Through Memory Exhibit Tour. The Hall of Plateau Indians introduces visitors to the journey of the Indian nations of the Columbia River Plateau, including the Nez Perce, Umatilla, Warm Springs, Yakama, Spokane, and Colville tribes, as they traveled from reservation confinement to the 21st century.
- High Desert Wildlife Tour. This tour provides guests with a deeper understanding of how the diverse array of mammals, birds and reptiles in the High Desert are uniquely adapted to their environment.
Deluxe Tour $175 for a 60 minute Guided Tour for up to 25 people:
- The cultural and natural history of the High Desert is highlighted on this hour-long discovery of some of the best the Museum has to offer. Visit the permanent galleries and discover changes that have happened in the American West over a span of 100 years. Learn how the Native Americans adapted to a new culture while hanging on to their old ways of life. We’ll also explore how the diverse flora and fauna survive in the extreme conditions of the High Desert as we visit various wildlife on exhibit.
Behind the Scenes Wildlife Tour: $250 for a 45 minute Guided Tour for up to 12 people:
- Go behind the scenes and get a glimpse of what it’s like to care for wild animals. Birds of prey, wild cats and more are a part of this unique opportunity.
Custom Tour Pricing: Please contact us for more information.
Box Lunches: Group lunches are available for $12 a person. Please contact us for details.
To book guided tours or for further information, please contact us at: 541-382-4754 ext 241, or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.